Wednesday 5 January 2011

Day 189 forgive me for I have sinned

This is the post I have dreaded having to write, the one which I promised I wouldn't make, the one that everyone promised me would happen. So forgive me for I have sinned. A purchase has been made. Potentially it could have been worse. Perhaps when explaining something like this, the only place to start is the beginning.

So yesterday I left work at a reasonable hour and whilst wandering towards the commuter melting pot that is Victoria Station, I found myself considering today's outfit. It was stressful, the knowledge that my boots were resoled and ready for collection was not enough to drive away the lingering hosiery based distress that has been plaguing my every waking hour. Everywhere I look at the moment elfin like fashionistas waltz past in heavy knit tights and boot socks of multiple hues. They light up the grey of the city and breathe personality into even the most corporate of pavements. Yet I could not join them, not even get close. Ensconced in a depth of thought that is surely only normal for astrophysicists, I could not be accountable for myself and all of a sudden as the mists of the mind lifted, I found myself in the hosiery haven that is Topshop.

This is the point at which individuals with a modicum of self control would have regained their composure and, holding head up high, marched themselves straight back out of that den of iniquity and into the bracing evening breeze. Sadly, it is apparent that I am unable to claim a sliver of self control and thus I find myself in some form of bizarre 21st century confessional, professing my guilt and personal shame through an electronic and entirely faceless media. Moments were spent considering keeping quiet, pretending nothing had happened, making like an ostrich and burying my head in the sand. But then I remembered the whole point of all of this rigmoral is to document the journey, the highs and the oopses. The broken heels and the hosiery based indiscretions, warts and all if you like.

So today getting up I admit I felt a little bit of a failure, something which was only compounded by my inability to decide what to wear despite being the shamefaced owner of a pair of grey ribbed tights. In a bid to make good I determined that I should don the offending items and that I should make sure I wore something which I wouldn't have been able to wear without the purchase. The very worst thing would be to buy and then to waste the deadly deed by hiding the godforsaken item. Thus it was that I dug out my Jack Wills candy striped ra-ra skirt and completely forgot how short it is before faffing about for quite some time with the rest of my outfit and managing to take an hour and a half to get ready. Completely ridiculous but probably not actually related to the specific issue of the day....disorganised chaos is fast becoming my normal state of being.

A problem I have had for some time (I am sure you will have noticed) is that I find it difficult to request anyone I work with to take a photo of my days outfit. This is no new Feeling like such a desperate failure did not help the course of the day and thus I found it very difficult to ask for a photo from anyone at work. Having discussed this in the past I won't dwell on it today but will have a little think about it for a future post....(how excited you must now be)! Suffice to say, I failed to manage to ask for a photo and now have had to have one taken after my dinner, with post dinner sleepiness and day old makeup and hair; bad times reader, bad times. Please do not judge me on what I am confident was a nice outfit 12 hours ago.

From top to bottom: newly re soled boots....HURRAH, socks, the offending tights, Jack Wills skirt, generic tops and a little cardigan (note another impractical and non heat generating jumper). 
So, there it is...my first true blogging blunder. I hope I am forgiven. I will be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment